Disable Daytime Running Lights
More items in the Facebook group page at www.facebook.com/groups/mazaclubusa
Please note: Questions and answers are provided for information and advice purposes. No liability either expressed or implied is assumed by reliance on the information presented either by the writers or the MC.
Some or all of the below is from our Facebook group page and this is just a part of what appears there and in the member magazine.
Also be sure to see our Facebook group page for immediate help from fellow members.
Q: Can anyone tell me how to disable daytime running lights on a 2019 Mazda CX-5? According to the owner’s manual it’s possible, but one page just refers me back to the other. Their manuals are awful!
A: I found this from another thread and thought this would be very useful on the how-to forum for people who want to disable their DRL.
HERE’S HOW TO DO IT::
1) car set to ignition (car is active, but engine is off)
2) press brake pedal down and hold during the whole time
3) parking brake up
you have to do the whole process once you start under 23 sec.
4) turn parking light on and off 5 times. on - off - on - off - on - off , etc.
under 2 sec start #5
5) turn hazard light on and off 5 times.
under 2 sec start #6
6) turn parking light on and off 5 times.
7) to check if the DRL still comes on, simply disengage the parking brake. If it doesn’t come on, then you’re done. Otherwise repeat the process again.
Repeat same step to reactivate